A Little About Me








My name is Rachel Czarnecki . I grew up on a street that wasn't very creative, although I spent most of my weekends and my grandparents house in NY. I loved it there. I was able to play with their two cats and see my cousins a ton because they lived right across the street . It was great, but so was home.  Home was happy. My other grandparents visited and well...It was home. I saw my little cousin Camryn who I love to death and always went to my Aunt and Uncle's house where I learned to swim. With my mom, my dad and both of their families who came to visit, life was great. But, when I was seven my parents got divorced, I was ok with this because I was tired of the constant arguing and knew it was best if they went their own ways. I missed my life though. The life of playing where both parents are near. I missed the smell that filled the house when my mom was cooking, and the noise of the leaf blower with my dad outside.  I missed having both parents near.  I missed even more when my mom’s Multiple Sclerosis progressed. The dancing in the kitchen is probably my most missed memory. My mom used to play a song while she was cooking and we used to rock out to it. That stopped once my mom's disease progressed. She wasn't able to stand and soon became wheelchair bound. It’s hard for me to see her like that sometimes but we still have a great time together even with the wheelchair. That's where being creative helped, especially with my severe anxiety. When my mom wasn’t able to have fun due to  the heat or just because she was tired, I went up to my room and played. Fooled around with dolls etc. But now, photography. Photography has helped me express myself in so many ways. I’m so glad that this wonderful thing has come into my life. Even though I’ve had a somewhat tough life. I’m so grateful to have the best family in the world. So thank you, Mom, Dad, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins . Thank you for putting a smile on my face. Thank you photography, you allowed me to express my emotions without saying them.Thank you to my cat, Dexter, I love you so much and I'm so glad you were able to provide me great company . Although, I don't want you to get fat so tell your grandma to stop feeding you treats. I love my family .




Comments

Popular Posts